Saturday, November 23, 2013

Big Buck Down!

I've hunted a few days here and there with no luck with the weather and moon working with any "free" time in my schedule but if your not out there it's not gonna happen.

I did manage to terminate a cottonmouth (machete to the face - he had a frog in his mouth) and beaver (300 SAUM to the chest) one day while checking the duck pond!




Oats


Peas


The big reason I'm not seeing anything.





Finally this week the floodgates opened and the deer/hogs started moving.  Barry smacked this doe (120 lbs) and this pig (135 lbs).


Then Mack followed up with this true ETEX trophy!


140 6/8 Gross BC, 137 1/8 Net


I think this is the same deer back in 2011.  He looks 4 1/2 then so I'm guessing he is 6 1/2.  I'll know for sure when I get the jaw back from the taxidermist.  I didn't get another pic of him till Mack put him on the ground this week.

It really makes the case for letting them get some age more than just 4 1/2 even here in ETEX...  I would also like to think that with the help of our biologist and our management the past couple years was a factor as well.  It sure makes all the work worth it!








No comments:

Post a Comment