Sunday, November 24, 2013

Best Time of Year

Cold, wet, duck weather.  I love it!  Clark and I went on the first hunt of the season at the new and improved duck pond.  We saw about 30 ducks and of those 12 came in and 6 left.  I'll don't mind batting .500 for the first hunt even though we really should have had 3 or 4 more woodies that came in early.  No big ducks but Clark got a Hooded Merganser for the wall!





I managed to slip getting out of the blind on a retrieval and went up to my armpits - thankful my jacket was over my waders and kept me dry...Should have took a picture of me draining the water out of the pockets.

I also nearly got the suburban stuck and was inches from bashing a tree with one side as I was getting unstuck on a side hill.  I guess the family ride needs something other than street tires...

It's hard to beat red beer and bacon in the duck blind.



Signs are good as more ducks were coming in as we left and there were birds sitting down in the WD hole too.



No comments:

Post a Comment