Saturday, July 7, 2012

Old trolling motor + broke down "Wonder Duck" = "Mallard Machine"

I've had an old trolling motor that's been in my tool box for the past 150,000 miles or so...  It was time to turn it into a more useful project and I couldn't help but think about making something that will keep the water and decoys moving in the beaver pond duck hole.

Original "Wonder Duck".

I did some surgery to cut open and remove the guts.

While I was working on this project Jake was helping Papa fix the mower.


Decoy mounted on motor control head with some OD Green spray paint.


After bolting to a T-Post at an angle and running wires to a battery I should be able to create lots of action on the water and in the decoys!  I'll post video during the season when its in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment